Where burdened souls find liberty.
Where burdened souls find liberty.
What We Believe
We believe, preach and teach:
- We believe that the Scriptures, comprised of the 66 books of the Old and New testaments are the inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original writings, complete as the revelation of God’s will for salvation, and the supreme and final authority in all matters to which they speak (2 Sam. 7:28, Psalm 119:160, 2 Tim. 3:14-17, I Cor.14:37, 2 Pet. 1:20-21, Heb. 4:12, Rev. 22:18-19).
- We believe that there is one, and only one, living and true God, an infinite, intelligent spirit, whose name is Yahweh, the maker and supreme ruler of heaven and Earth; inexpressibly glorious in holiness and worthy of all possible honor, confidence and love; that in unity of the Godhead there are three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in every Divine perfection, and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption (Gen 1:1-2, Ex. 15:11, Deut. 6:4, Job 26:13, Psalm 104, Matt. 28:19, Mark 12:30, John 1:1-3, John 4:24, John 10:30, John 14:23, John 17:56, I Cor. 12:4-6, Eph. 2:18, Acts 5:3-4).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s eternal Son, and has precisely the same nature, attributes and perfections as God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. We further believe that He is not only true God, but true man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. We also believe in His resurrection from the dead, His ascension into heaven, His priestly intercession on behalf of His people, and His personal, visible, pre-millennial return from heaven. ( Matt 28:19, John 14:26, John 1:1-2, 10:30, Phil 2:6-7, Luke 1:35, Gal. 3:13, John 20:25-29, I Cor. 8:6, 2 Cor. 13:14, Heb. 4:14-15, 9:24, I John 2:1, Acts 1:11, I Thess. 4:14-17, Rev. 1:17).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, His Deity, His personality, and His work in regeneration, sanctification and preservation. His ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and implement Christ’s work of redeeming the lost and empowering the believer for godly service (Matt. 29-19, Acts 5:3-4, John 3:5, 14:26, 16:8-11, Rom. 8:26, 2 Cor. 3:18, Eph 4:30, Acts 1:9, 5:3-4, I Cor. 3:16-17, 12:13, Ex 31:3, I Sam. 16:18).
- We believe God originally created Adam and Eve in His image and free from sin. We further believe that all people are created in His image, but are sinners by nature and choice and are spiritually dead. We also believe that those who repent of sin and trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit. We believe God established marriage to be a lifelong covenant relationship between one man and one woman. Marriage so defined is the only permissible context for intimate sexual expression and is the foundation for the human family. We believe that human life is sacred from conception until death and should always be protected. We further believe that every human being is directly responsible to God in matters of faith and life ( Gen. 1:26-31, 2:7,22, Gen 5:1-2, 9:6, Ps. 100:3, 119:73, Isa. 45:12, Acts 17:26-28, Ps. 51:5, Ps. 139:13-16, Jer. 1:5, Matt. 1:18, Luke 1:31, 34-36, 41, 44, Gen 2:23-24, Matt. 19:4-6, I Tim. 2:13).
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We further believe that this salvation is based upon the sovereign grace of God, was purchased by Christ on the cross, and is received by faith, apart from any human merit, works or ritual. All who repent and believe in Jesus Christ are forgiven of all their sins, baptized by Christ with the Spirit, justified in God’s sight by the merit of Christ’s righteousness, adopted into His family eternally sealed by the Holy Spirit, and have equal access to God. We further believe that salvation results in righteous living, good works and proper social concern ( Acts 15:11, Rom. 3:24-28, I Cor. 3:5-7, Gal. 2:16, Eph. 2:5,8, Rom. 4:4-5, 6:23, 8:29-3-, 11:5-6, Gal. 1:15, Eph. 1:3-6, 2:8-9, Phil. 3:7-9, I Cor. 1:30, 2 cor. 5:17, 7:10-11, matt. 3:11, Mark 1:8).
- We believe that regeneration or the new birth is a work of God’s grace whereby believers become new creatures in Jesus Christ (John 3:3, 2 Cor. 5:17, I Pet. 1:23).
- We believe justification before God is an act of God in which He declares righteous those who believe in Christ. We also believe that justification includes pardon of sin, the promise of eternal life, and is ours by virtue of faith in the work of Jesus Christ on the cross, and is freely imparted to us from God (Acts 13:39, Rom.3:26, 4:3-6,25, 8:33).
- We believe sanctification is the process by which, according to the will of God, we are set apart and made partakers of His holiness; that it is a progressive work; that it is begun in regeneration; and that it is carried on in the hearts of believers by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, the Sealer and Comforter, in the continual use of the appointed means, especially the Word of God, self-examination, self-denial, watchfulness and prayer. (John 17:19; I Peter 1:2; I Thess. 4:3,4;5:23; I Cor. 1:30).
- We believe in preservation of the saints, who are kept by the power of God, through faith unto eternal salvation. (John 10: 28-30; Rom. 8:1, 28-39, Eph. 4:30; Phil. 1:6; I Pet. 1:5; Jude 24).
- We believe that the Church is the spiritual body of which Christ is the Head. We believe that the true Church is composed of all persons who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. We believe that this body expresses itself in local assemblies whose member have been immersed upon a credible confession of faith and who unite themselves for worship, fellowship, instruction, evangelism, and service. We believe that the ordinances of the local church are believer's baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper. We also believe in the interdependence of local churches and mutual submission of believers to each other in unity and love. We believe that each local church is self-governing in function and must be free from interference by an ecclesiastical or political authority. (Acts 2; I Cor. 12:27; II Cor. 6:16; Col. 1:18; Matt. 18:15 - 17; 28:19,20; Mark 1:10; Acts 2:36-39, 41 - 42, 47; 8:12, 36-39; 16: 34-35; 18:8; Rom. 6:3-5; I Cor. 11:23-25; Eph. 4: 1-13; 5:23).
- believe that the first day of the week is the Lord's Day and is to be used in service and praise to His glory. (Acts 20:7, Heb. 10:25).
- We believe that each local church is self-governing in function, and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority. We further believe that every human being is directly responsible to God in matters of faith and life, and that each should be free to worship God according to dictates of his conscience. (Rom. 13:1-7; Acts 5:29).
- We believe in the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe His coming to be personal , visible, bodily, premillennial and imminent for the purpose of establishing His worldwide kingdom on earth. Prior to His second coming, He will come into the clouds to receive the church which is the Body of Christ. (Matt. 25:3; Isaiah 11:1-16, 26:19; Ezek. 36:33-38; John 5:25-29, Acts 1:10, 11; I Cor. 6:15; Phil. 3:21; I Thess. 4:13-17; Rev. 20:5-6, 21:6-7)
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan. He is the prince and the power of the air, the ruler of this world and the evil enemy of God and man. (Matt 4:11; John 16:11; Eph. 2:2: Rev. 20:10-15)
- We believe in bodily resurrection of the just and the wicked; the endless conscious blessedness of the saved and the endless conscious punishment of the lost in hell. (John 14:1-3; Rev. 20:10-15; Rev. 21)